If there are two things elves love on a day like today they would be cookies and eggnog.
For an elf, that’s fuel.
And we go through a lot of it.
We get requests all the time about how Santa likes his cookies and eggnog. While Mrs. Claus makes all the cookies, it is Santa’s job to make the nog.
Here is his recipe:
• 2 cups sugar
• ½ gal. milk
• 24 ounces canned evaporated milk.
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 4 eggs, separated
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 1 Tbsp sugar
• 1 Tbsp vanilla, optional
• Cinnamon sticks or peppermint sticks for stirring, optional
1. Sprinkle additional nutmeg or cinnamon for topping Separate eggs, set aside whites.
2. Mix together egg yolks, add 1 tsp milk and 2 cups sugar, mix well.
3. In large pot pour ½ gallon milk only. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Add the egg yolk mixture, nutmeg, cornstarch, canned milk and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add vanilla if using. Whip egg whites and extra sugar until stiff.
7. Spoon egg whites into egg nog. Serve with cinnamon or peppermint sticks for stirring.
Coming up next: All about spotter elves
Where it is Christmas Eve now: South Pacific islands
Listen to Elf Barbara discuss Santa’s eggnog with Mrs. Claus:[powerpress]